An indoor plant is that plant that has the capability of growing and surviving under low-light. This type of plant comes in different types, sizes, shapes, etc. There are indoor plants that can require constant watering while others require extreme low-light for their survival. These are some of the qualities of indoor plants.
- Foliage – A quality indoor plant is known to have thick foliage instead of thin.
- Root System – having healthy root system is the sign of a healthy indoor plant. One can easily see healthy root system of a small indoor plant. While larger indoor plants have a root system comprising of thick and light-colored roots.
- Diseases – Just like humans and animals, indoor plants too are known to catch a disease. Some of the signs of indoor plants having a disease include; sticky residue present on the plant surface, bad smell and white dots.
Now you know about the qualities, let’s see some of the best indoor plants.
- Peace Lily – With the help of little water, the peace lily is considered to be one of the most popular ones. This plant is capable of surviving under little water as the soil remains moist most of the time.
- Philodendron – Another popular indoor plant after peace lily is the Philodendron. Moreover, this plant grows under low-lighting condition and is known to attract little pests.
- Dracaena – Long green leaves is what describes the Dracaena. However, the foliage tends to grow at a faster rate requiring occasional pruning.
Go for plant hire in Melbourne and you are bound to learn a ton of things about indoor plants.