This role-specific SAFe course focuses on product and portfolio management roles and competencies in large Agile enterprises.
This course is different from other Agile courses that focus on product ownership and agility in a single or few teams' contexts. It focuses specifically on helping delegates to manage their Agile portfolio, product management, and technical product management (enablers), at scale.
The Safe product proprietor course will give individuals the skills to:
- Hypothesis testing is a method that identifies customer requirements at large portfolio, program, and multi-team levels.
- Prioritize "projects" (i.e. Large pieces of work) and align with many stakeholders
- As part of your delivery, work with technical enablers as well as large architectural change programs.
- When you have multiple global markets and complex products, it is important to understand the options available for structuring the roles and responsibilities of the Portfolio Management and Product Management Team.
- To effectively balance delivery and demand, use a multi-tier Kanban system. This will create predictability at an enterprise level.
Image Source: Google
Who is the target audience for this course?
This interactive course, which lasts two days, is for Product Owners, Product Management, and Technical Solution and Systems Architects who want to work in an agile manner within large-scale environments (e.g. Develop a product or portfolio of products for 100+ people and global stakeholders.
These roles are not the only ones that will benefit from this course. People who would also be most successful in this course work in:
- Portfolio Managers
- Program Managers
- Enterprise Architects, System and Solution Architects
- Business Analysts
- Solution Managers
- Roles in the PMO
- Process and Service Leads